If you plan to move sometime soon, you may immediately think of contacting one of the national movers. However, what you may not realize is that in many situations, local moving companies have distinct advantages.
By choosing movers that work as agents for large companies, like North American Van Lines and STI, you benefit greatly. What that means is that you will enjoy a more personalized service, yet at the same time, you will benefit from the company’s incredible resources. To better understand why you should seriously consider local movers first, consider five things that make them unique.
1. Personalization – As mentioned, most local movers provide their customers with a more personalized experience. They know your name and understand what you need. In response, the moving company will create a plan based on your specific needs, rather than offer you a cookie-cutter solution.
2. Transparency – Most local moving companies also offer more transparency. Rather than hold back information, they willing share whatever you want or need to know. As the customer, that tends to create a more trusting relationship. Not only will you have a positive experience this time, you will have a respected company to turn to if you ever move again or know of someone who plans to relocate.
3. Pricing – It is also common to get lower pricing when working with a local moving company. As members of the same community where you live and work, a local mover will go above and beyond to ensure your 100 percent satisfaction. After all, word spreads quickly, so giving you the lowest price possible benefits both of you
4. Easy Verification – When researching several movers, you should spend adequate time reading customer feedback, checking references, verifying current licensing and insurance, and more. Ultimately, you can get critical information easier and quicker from local moving companies. In fact, depending on the size of your town, you could ask around and learn which company ranks the best.
5. Experience, Expertise, and Training – For local movers to compete with bigger companies, they need to excel in what they do. For that reason, most local moving companies hire only experienced movers with unparalleled expertise. However, they also provide ongoing training to ensure their team members are the best of the best.
When planning to move, turn to a trusted moving company within your community. You can even have an estimator come to your home to assess the type and quantity of possessions involved so that you get an accurate estimate.