If you have a residential move on the horizon, you need to decide if you will handle things on your own or conduct a search for the best moving companies. While a self-move is typically the more cost-effective option, it also requires a lot of work. This consists of rounding up able-bodied volunteers with pickup trucks or vans, finding boxes and moving supplies, working with your personal insurance company for protection, and so on.
Considering everything involved with a self-move, plus the increased risk for goods being lost, damaged, or destroyed, it makes a lot of sense to hire professional movers. You can use the information provided to gauge whether a self-move is the right choice or if you should consider some of the best moving companies where you live.
- Assistance with Logistics – Instead of feeling completely stressed out about your upcoming move, a professional moving company will handle all of the logistics.
- Lack of or Improper Moving Equipment – Instead of you trying to find people with trucks or vans, as well as a dolly, security straps, and moving blankets, a professional moving company has everything needed for your move.
- Concern Over Moving Schedule – If you have a tight schedule for getting out of your current home and into your new home, missing the deadline is always a possibility with a self-move. In comparison, the best moving companies are pros at scheduling every detail, guaranteeing your move will run seamlessly and on schedule.
- Moving Specialty or Fragile Items – For specialty or fragile items, a self-move is never a good idea. For instance, if you have a pool table, piano, antique furniture, expensive artwork, a boat, extra vehicle, or some other specialty or fragile item, it is best to leave the work to a professional.
- No Experience Driving a Large Moving Truck – Although driving a 24-foot moving truck is not rocket science, there is skill involved. Especially if you have never been behind the wheel of a truck this size, driving it can be intimidating. Professional movers have years of experience driving large trucks. In addition, if your move is long distance, they maintain a commercial driver’s license.
- Physical Limitations – If you have a bad back or some physical limitation, a self-move would likely be impossible. Rather than strain your body and put yourself at risk for sustaining an injury, trust a professional moving company. The movers will handle every item, regardless of size or weight.
For more information about moving companies or to request a free Republic Moving and Storage quote call today.